Friday, January 18, 2008

Gnocchi with Cheese & Creme Fraiche Sauce

Friday's are always hectic in this house. We have swimming at 1.30pm, right in the middle of the day which means I have to leave the house at 12.15pm ish to get there on time, so needless to say lunch usually goes out of the window, unless I am already in town and at a cafe. The problem with that is, is that TP is far too nosey to have a milk feed anywhere other than in the privacy of his bedroom, curtains closed and lights out... no really! So, rather than miss a milk feed, I miss out lunch - for the time being anyway, until I really need to give him lunch everyday.


For dinner tonight, I had a go at making a cheese sauce for TP's gnocchi rather than the usual pesto. I haven't made it before, normally I can't stand cheese sauce but oo, this one was quite tasty! TP wolfed his down, I think he had about 7 bits of gnocchi! We finished it off by sharing a lovely Empire apple, which he prefers to eat whole. It was funny actually because I think he has now discovered what his teeth are for, each time he grated the apple with his bottom teeth and got something deposited into his mouth he did a little shout and a big smile, it was very cute!


Cheese & Creme Fraiche Sauce

Ingredients

1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
1/4 tsp garlic - Im very lazy and used "Very Lazy Garlic"
1/2 cup vegetable stock - I use 1 tsp of sundried tomato paste and half a cup of boiled water.
Cornflour to thicken
1/2 - 1 cup of grated cheese (I use anything that is in the fridge, tonight it was Monterey Jack and Parmesan)
Couple of twists of black pepper

Method

Put the Creme Fraiche and stock in a pan and stir together and then stir in the garlic.
Add the cornflour, keep stirring or it will go lumpy!
Bring to the boil then add the cheese and pepper.
Stir until you reach your preferred thickness, if it too runny for you add a bit more cornflour.

No comments: