Thursday, January 17, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes


Joe's dinner yesterday was blueberry pancakes. I made a batch so I can freeze some for later, although they are so nice there are never many left over!


So here is the recipe:
Ingredients
Olive Oil
2 eggs, separated
75 ml milk (I use full fat)
100g wholemeal self-raising flour - you could also use regular self-raising
100g blueberries

Method
Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks.
In a seperate bowl mix the egg yolks, milk and flour.
Fold in the egg whites, then the blueberries.

Lightly coat a frying pan with oil and heat the oil until it starts to smoke.
Add a few spoonfuls of batter - so that you have small round pancakes.
Cook for a minute or two, flip (or turn with a spatula, if like me your flipping skills aren't great!) and cook on the other side for a further minute.

Make sure that the blueberries are cooled before giving to your little one! I usually slice a pancake in half and test the heat of the blueberries before handing over.

I've also doubled the quantities and froze the pancakes, seperated with baking paper for a nice quick snack!

No comments: