Friday, April 25, 2008

Bang, crash, smack!

When we got up on Tuesday morning, the last thing I expected to be doing was driving over to our local Minor Injuries Unit but that is what happened. TP was standing at the coffee table and turned around to look at me and he misplaced his footing or something and fell and hit part of his head on the table with a loud bang. He was crumpled on the floor in a heap and sobbing, and trying my very best not to panic I went to get him to make sure he was ok.

I couldn't find any lumps, bumps or cuts so gave him a cuddle and a kiss, when I went to give him a kiss there was blood on my dressing gown. So I carefully checked him again, only to notice that blood was bubbling from his mouth, so panic stricken again I shout for his Dad and we check his mouth. He had cut the top part of his gum and there was (what looked like) a big split and it was oozing with blood. As it didn't stop bleeding, I rang NHS Direct who told s to go to A&E or a nearby MIU which we did.

They saw us in under 40 minutes (which was very impressive I thought!) and checked a very wriggly TP over, who by now seemed to be back to his usual self and the wound had stopped bleeding. The Dr there said that it was a shallow cut (although it looked worse when it was bleeding) and it would heal itself and he didn't think that there would be any damage to his teeth.

So all in all, a very busy morning but thankfully everything was ok and TP's mouth is healing up very nicely and he doesn't even seem to notice the cut anymore.

No comments: